Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MT HOOD REWIND

ahhhhh Mt. Hood. Good times.
We started everyday much too early, waking up at 530AM. I usually don't mind mornings, but i found this exhausting. We had to catch a flight at 6 Am the day before, so I wasn't getting any good, solid sleeps.
The hood course was really mellow, but still fun to ride. It had lots of turns in it, which was good practice for me because that is what I needed to work on.
I had good starts, getting the whole shot every time. All the heats were really close because there were no challenging features to separate us. This made for some good passing!
Girls on the NorAm level have really stepped it up in the last year which is AWESOME to see! This pushes all of us to get better and is exactly what needs to happen. Even though this was such a mellow course, it was probably one of my favorite racing weekends. No heat was easy. Because the features were easy, it made it that much harder to get through to the next round.
I ended up 2nd both days...... i don't like to win, i don't like perfection! just kidding, one day I will win a race.
Day 1 podium (stolen pic from Matt)

Day 2 podium

Day 1 final heat (I'm in the black jacket)
(also stolen from Matt)


No comments:

Post a Comment